Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Not realizing your full potential

Often times in life, we allow outside forces to guide our overall thinking.  Family, friends, and leaders telling us what we are talented at, what we are not so strong at, and where we should go with our lives.  It's easy to listen to others, which at times is what we need to have happen............but what about those times where our mind is telling us one thing and our hearts are telling us something else?

God has a plan for our lives and it is a good one, trust me.  But sometimes in life we must sync our minds and our hearts.  We all need guidance and surround ourselves with true believers within ourselves, but if you are fighting your mind with what your heart wants, maybe it is time to listen to what your heart is wanting.  I have always believed that is God knocking on the door.  Doing that means you must sacrifice and possibly give up something "comfortable" in your life for an unknown dream.........that can be scary.

When I started my ministry, I was fighting within myself.  I have always been medically minded and love medicine.  To this day I still have an autopsy company.  I also am an entrepreneur and love running businesses and doing business, but something was left out in my life.  Ever since the young age of 8, I have had an interest in doing ministry, but I wasn't sure how and then I started my ministry.  It is still young and still growing.............God kept seeking me.  Finally, I listened and am now still walking in the dark, wondering where this ministry will go, will it be successful, and can I really take it where I want to take it?  I have to trust God, because he knows best.

So, I challenge you to stay the course if you feel your on the right path.  If your heart is asking you to do something else, go for it.  Walk into the unknown, for Christ is with us all and he will guide you.  Trust in yourself and your talents and do not let anyone tell you any different.  Only then will you realize your full potential and what God wants you to do while you are still here on earth.

May God Bless.................

Pastor Shawn

Shawn Parcells Ministries

Jeremiah 29:11

New International Version (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment